16 November 2012

I'm back

 
It has been a busy few months. We went to the states to catch up with old friends and visit new places and had an amazing time. I have not sewn a lot. I made another table runner like this one only longer and better and gave it to good friends in the U.S.
 
A friend from the gym is moving to New Zealand so a made her a little table topper with Australian fabrics. I used a Moda Bakeshop pattern, Positively prefect by April Rosenthal
 
 


I added an extra cross to the back.

 

We had our first regatta last weekend. That is my crew out in front. I paddle at position 5. The Sydney boat just behind us ended up coming first and we were second. We were very happy with that result.This race was 14 km (about 8 miles). Tomorrow we are racing a 20 km (about 12 miles). Let me say I am a little concerned about making the distance. OK more than a little!

Hopefully I will post again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back! Great table topper! Love the pattern and the fabrics! Well done! Your rowing regatta looks like such fun but also a bit frightening (at least to me, an age thing I think) out there on the open seas. Congratulations on your placing second and hope that you did just as well or better on the second regatta. Also glad that you had good travels.

    Have a super great sewing, stitching, and rowing day!!

    ReplyDelete